Monday, February 9, 2009

February 9,2009 IT'S MY BIRTHDAY I AM 13 YEARS OLD

Today in Literacy class I learned about Jim Crow. It means segregation. I think white people had a better chance because they had all rights to do what ever they want. Malcolm X thought that it was not fair so he stood out against it. I don't blame Malcolm at all. Martin Luther King Jr. , Malcolm X, Shirley Chrisholm.

Langston Hughes is a man that wrote poitry about life with Jim Crow. Black people had no right and had no reapect and had to be brave but there was consiquences. The poem that I read in class today is merry go round. Yes people is better off no of days than those days we are happy that those days are finally over. Well working in places to make money and well using the bathrooms lets not forget using bathrooms.

No body likes Jim Crows but the evil white people. Hughes fought against it in poems because haha I know that he hates every little thing about it I do to I don't blame. Chisholm fought against it by trying to be the president and make a change. Malcolm fought vilonce by violince and I think I would of done the same. I don't think so because people would think that they are scared to speak out so what is the point of helping any way.

Where is the Jim Crow section
On this merry-go-round,
Mister, cuase I want to ride?
Down South where I come from
White and colored
Can't sit side by side.
Down South on the train
There's a Jim Crow car.
On the bus we're put in the back--
But there ain't no back
To a merry-go-round!
Where's the horse
For a kid that's black?

No comments: